Halo PC Modding Tutorial (HHT, HMT, HMS)
This Page has been viewed 149,313 times
~~Halo PC Modding Tutorial by UD
*Note that if you need to know where the tools mentioned are, check the tool list link on the left menu
HHT is a wonderful program that allows for swaping of tags
without causing exception errors. Elite_MC is a bit of an exception b/c
there has to be a tiny bit of hex editting to get him to work right. Any other
kind of thing though like changing the pistol bullet into a needle, is fine
to do with HHT.
Heres an example of how you would make the pistol fire needles:
1.Open HHT and open the Pistol weapon tag. You will see all of its
2. Go to the proj tag and replace it with the needle proj tag
3. Hit swap
See wasnt that easy? you've just made the pistol fire needles now!
Heres an example of making a vehicle look different but move the same way:
1. Open HHT and open the desired vehicle to be changed.
2. Swap the MOD2, ANTR, and COLL tags to the same as another vehicle.
Easy enough eh?
HMT allows for changing of pretty much every variable in the game.
Heres how we would make the pistol that now shoots needles into an awosome gun:
1. Open HMT and then open the pistol weapon tag.
2. In the tag, open projectile #0
3. Change the min ROF (rate of fire) to 15 and max ROF to 20
4. Change projectiles fired to 10
5. Change the mininum spread to 3E-07 and the max to 6E-07
The smaller the spread is, the more accurate your shot will be
6. Change # of tracers to 7
7. (optional) change ammo per shot to 0 (gives unlimited ammo)
8. Open Needle projectile tag
9. Change the life span to 30, max speed to 0.3333333,
and the min to 0.2333333
There, you now have a pistol that shoots a very fast moving shot which
comprises of 10 needles, a guarenteed kill once it hits (unless its a hunter)
However take note that by increasing the speed of the needle projectile,
it also makes the Needler fire the same fast bullets the pistol does.
Heres how you would make a flyable Pelican w/out
1. Open the vehicle tag which you wish to make into a pelican
2. Go to the meta up in the op left corner and change it to that of
the pelican and hit save.
3. Ok, you've just mad it so the vehicle you just changed is a pelican,
but its not flyable. This is due to the seat name, which controls 3 things:
-What can enter the seat
-Can the thing in the seat fire
-What the thing in the seat will look like
To correct this, change seat 0's name to GT-gunner. If you change
it to somethign else, you will get an exception. This is b/c a marine is flying
the pelican and will not be able to fly it unless the seat name is either P-driver
4. Now, if we want to fit more than the 6 marine you can usually
get in a pelican, change the rest of the seats names (1-11) to W-passenger.
If you leave the seat names as is, you can only pick up 6 marines. If you change the
name to something else, it could either lead to the marines not firing or
the marines not being able to enter the pelican.
5. Ok yay, we have a pelican that flys and picks up a platoon of marines, but flying it up is nigh
impossible. To fix this, go back to seat 0 of the pelican and change the upper
HUD limit to 0.7617994, this means you can look upward more than you could b4.
There, you now have a fully flyable pelican. I recommend making the Assualt rifle
shoot the same thing the pistol-that-shoots-needles-and-now-rulez does so you can
enjoy total pwnage of the covanent while enjoying pink explosions.
A list of seat names and what each does (Dropship ones not listed)
W-driver: Uses MC driving the Warthog model, you cannot use
W-passenger: Uses Marine/MC model as seen in the passenger's seat
of the wathog. MC weapons can be used
W-gunner: Uses the warthog gunner model. No MC weapon usage
GT-gunner: Uses Gun turret seat model, no MC weapons
B-driver: Uses banshee driver model. No MC weapons
P-rider (# here): Uses pelican seat model, MC weapons can be used
wraith-driver: Uses wraith driver seat model, no MC weapons
G-driver (elite can be placed after this) : Uses ghost seat model
scorpion-driver: Uses scorpion driver seat model. No MC weapons
List of what seats each character can enter
Cyborg: B-driver, G-driver, GT-gunner, scorpion-driver,
P-rider, W-passenger, W-gunner, W-driver, wraith-driver
Elite: B-driver, G-driver elite, GT-gunner, wraith-driver,
Grunt: GT-gunner, Dropship seats
Jackel: Dropship seats
Marine: P-rider seats, GT-gunner, W-passenger, W-gunner, G-driver
A brief explanation of physics
The physics file of a vehicle conrtols 3 things:
-How a vehicle moves
-Part of how the vehicle collides with things
-(Unless its a dropship or pelican) Whether the vehicle can move
The 1st and 3rd things are related. A vehicle will move only if it has a wheel,
unless its a pelican or dropship. The wheel can either be an antigravity thing like
the banshee uses or a wheel wheel like the hog uses.
Firstly, i would recommend hitting the back up all maps button
the 1st time you run this so you can fix maps in case you mess one up.
HMS works using command prompts. It may look like nothing is going on but be patient.
HMS can set maps in both reg and CE halo, revert maps back to the way the where
when you backed them up, change internal names, make and apply PPFs,
and provide a one click way to open HHT and HMT.
To make a PPF using HMS, do the following:
1. Create a folder in your maps folder named: "New Maps"
2. Copy the map you've changed stuff on into New Maps
3. Revert the map you've changed to when u backed it up using HMS
4. Hit the Make PPF button
5. Fill the modified map field with the map in New Maps,
the original map should be selected from the scroll down menu. They should
both have the same file name!!!!!!
6. Fill in the PPF name field to whatever you wish the ppf to be named.
7. Hit Make PPF. You may have to do this twice. (based upon the next step)
8. Open the folder where you installed HMS (should be in the HALO folder), open the HMS folder,
then the PPF folder. In there you should see ur ppf along with a copy of the changed map.
| || || |
|User Comments |
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Halo 2 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 96 | Last comment: 05-20-2012 at 08:46
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!